Did they learn it? Do they know it? Can they do it?
What can we learn from assessments? Well-crafted assessments that measure knowledge, skills and abilities help you answer these questions and much more: tests, quizzes and exams provide valuable data for evaluating (and documenting) the impact of your learning programs.
Well-crafted assessments can guide people to powerful learning experiences; reduce learning curves; extend the forgetting curve; confirm skills, knowledge and attitudes; and motivate people by giving them a solid sense of achievement.
Assessments provide many strategic benefits such as enabling you to:
- Make informed, defensible personnel decisions
- Mitigate regulatory compliance risk
- Align workforce competencies with organizational objectives
- Target learning investments accurately
- Onboard new employees effectively
- Verify skills/knowledge vital organizational KPIs
- Enhance learning/knowledge retention
“Assessments Through the Learning Process”, a 30-page white paper from Questionmark, explains concepts and best practices for developing effective assessments and interpreting their results.
This white paper is designed to help learning professionals:
- Distinguish between the various types and uses of assessments
- Learn to develop effective quizzes, tests, exams and surveys
- Analyze and interpret results
- Understand reliability and validity
- Use assessments for improved learning outcomes