We rely extensively on subject matter experts (SMEs) for the basic building blocks of effective tests and exams: skillfully crafted questions. But writing good items isn’t as easy as it looks.
This session will provide helpful guidance and tips for people who are new to item writing, or those who are looking for ideas on coaching subject matter experts (SMEs) on item writing techniques.
Topics covered in this webinar:
- Review of item writing basics: the “Do’s and Don’ts”
- Ensuring validity and reliability of items
- Developing items that tap into higher cognitive domains
- Style guides, blueprints and documentation for guiding the item writing process
- Best practices when using Questionmark for harvesting and reviewing items
Submit the form to watch the recording and get a copy of the slides.