It is possible to add iFrames to the IBM Websphere portal using the Web Page Portlet
The IBM Web Page portlet enables users to view the content available at the specified web addresses using inline frames. The content is displayed without any modifications.
To add the Web Page Portlet (in Websphere 6):
- Click the + button to open the Portlet Palette.
- Select the Web Page Portlet from the Portlet Palette.
- Drag the portlet to a destination on the page. A horizontal bar appears as you drag the portlet over areas on the page available for deployment. When you drag the portlet within close proximity of a permissible drop zone, the color of the horizontal bar changes from a muted to a more saturated tone.
- Release the mouse button to drop the portlet on to the page.
- Click the + button again to close the Portlet Palette.
The Web Page portlet can be customized with a unique URL and title, as well as with a chosen width and height. In the Edit Shared Settings mode, you can change the title and URL of the desired web page. When referencing an assessment be sure to include the protocol as a prefix on your URL ("http://" for example). You can also force the width and height of the portlet, or you can set its width to the default width of the portal column where it is placed. For more information about generating the necessary URL for your assessment, please refer to: