It is possible to embed an assessment using an iFrame in PmWiki. To embed an iFrame you will need to install the correct 'cookbook' for PM-Wiki. This needs to be done by an administrator and requires an extension to be copied on to your PmWiki site and certain configuration changes made to the PmWiki configuration file.
The changes high-lighted in this article should only be carried out by someone who is comfortable with editing the PmWiki software. You should also be aware that if you have configured your PmWiki website to be open (editable by anyone), installing the highlighted cookbook could potentially open up several security issues.
To embed an iFrame you will first need to install and configure the IncludeURL cookbook. To do this:
- Download IncludeURL.php (LINK NEEDED!).
- Copy the IncludeURL.php file in to the Cookbook folder for your installation of PmWiki (i.e., /var/data/pmwiki/cookbook).
- Locate your config.php file and open it for editing. The config.php file will traditionally be located in the following folder for your installation: /var/data/pmwiki/local
- Add the following line to the bottom of the config.php file:
- Save the changes and place the file back in its original location. There are several other methods of including the iFrame functionality that may be more suited to your installation environment. For more information please refer to:
Once the IncludeURL functionality has been added, you can then add an iFrame containing your assessment by completing the following steps:
- Create or edit a page.
- Place the cursor where you would like the IFrame to be on your page
- Insert the following code:
- Change the code you inserted to include information relating to your specific assessment and apply the settings you would like for height/width and border.
- Save the changes to the page.
For more information about forming a URL that links to your specific assessment, please refer to the following information:
How do I create a URL that links directly to a Questionmark assessment? (LINK NEEDED!)
The assessment will appear as follows in your PmWiki page: