Microsoft PowerPoint Add-in Live Web
Live Web is the Microsoft Powerpoint Add-in which enables users to insert web pages into a Powerpoint slide and refresh the pages real-time during the slide show. Perception assessments can easily be displayed using Live Web as all you need to do is insert the Perception assessment URL without any need to add code.
For more information about creating the URL, please refer to:
Please note that Live Web does not work with the Powerpoint viewer since it does not support VBA.
The Live Web Add-in can be found here.
Please note the following instructions are for Microsoft Powerpoint 2007. If you are using Microsoft Powerpoint 97-2003, please refer to OfficeTips for instructions on how to install and use the Live Web Addin for other version of Powerpoint.
To install the Live Web Add-in:
- Save the file and extract the contents of the zip to a folder.
- Copy the file LiveWeb.ppam into: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ADDINS
- In Powerpoint click the Quick Access Toolbar icon, this is the little arrow next to the redo button at the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Click More Commands... from the drop-down list.
- Select Add-ins from the left-hand menu.
- Select Powerpoint Add-ins from the Manage drop down box at the bottom of the screen and click Go.
- Browse to the LiveWeb.ppam file and Enable Macros.
- You can check that Live Web is installed by checking if it appears in the AddIns tab.
To use the Live Web Add-in:
- Click the Insert tab then Web Page.
- Enter the URL of the Perception assessment you wish to embed in your Powerpoint presentation and click Add.
- Provide the additional information required.