Joomla is a free and open-source content management system platform for publishing content which enables you to build web sites and powerful online applications.
You will need to embed your assessments in an iFrame - you need to embed your iFrame in your HTML code. Once your Content Item is saved your assessment will appear on your Joomla page.
Please be aware that you will need to access Joomla using the back-end access that Joomla provides to create your Content Item. The back-end is used by administrators and authors who have permisions to create sections, categories and pages only.
The information below will show you how to use the iFrame with a formulated URL that will allow you to enter your assessment directly. If you would like to know more about the contents of the URL, please refer to:
This article is split into the following two sections:
- Embedding your assessment in a Joomla page
- Taking an assessment in Joomla
Embedding your assessment in a Joomla page
To embed an assessment in Joomla:
- Login to the back-end administration site for Joomla.
- In Control Panel, click Add New Content.
- Enter a title.
- Select Assessments from the Section drop-down list.
- Enter any introductory text you wish to include.
- Enter your iFrame code within the Main Text option. This should be similar to the following:
<iframe src="http://myserver/Perception5/open.php?session=9581730532955133&name=tryout" width="100%" height="400">
- Click Save. The Content Items Manager screen will open.
- The title of your embedded assessment will appear. If you want the assessment to appear on your Front Page, ensure the tick is selected.
Please note if you are using the TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor, you will not be able to add an iFrame, please select no WYSIWYG Editor in your Global Configuration or install an alternative editor such as JCE Content Editor.
Taking an assessment in Joomla
To take an embedded assessment in Joomla:
- Login to Joomla using the normal front-end website.
- You should be able to access your assessment by clicking the name of the assessment under Latest News or by clicking Read more… under the name of the assessment if the administrator has set it to appear on the homepage.
Your assessment will appear similar to this: