Questionmark Perception Training
Comprehensive Training Course Outline
This is a comprehensive, hands-on course that covers all four phases of the Perception assessment process. This course enables participants to effectively use the major components and features of the Perception Assessment Management System. Participants will learn to:
- Author assessments using Perception Authoring Manager
- Create participants and schedule those participants to take assessments using Perception Enterprise Manager
- Specify assessment delivery mode and behaviour using Perception Authoring Manager
- Generate reports based on assessment results using Perception Enterprise Reporter
By the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Create a repository in Authoring Manager
- Develop Topics in Authoring Manager
- Create questions in Authoring Manager
- Develop assessments in Authoring Manager
- Use the Browser-Based Authoring component of Perception v5
- Employ the options for securing and controlling assessment development
- Use the functions of system administration within Enterprise Manager
- Use the functions of results management within Enterprise Manager
- Create reports in Enterprise Reporter
It is assumed that trainees have little or no previous experience using Perception’s authoring software, but have good keyboard skills and experience with other windows applications.
Trainees should also have seen a “live” Perception assessment (examples can be found at: http://www.questionmark.com/us/tryitout.htm). This course will not cover the installation or hardware requirements of the software.
Training Manuals will be provided.
Detailed schedule of Questionmark Perception v5 training
- Course outline
- How the software works – overview of Perception Assessment Management System Model
Authoring Manager - Working with Repositories
- Identify the key components of the Authoring Manager Interface
- Identify the key components of a repository
- Create a local repository
- Import questions and assessments using Qpacks
- Work with a shared repository
- Distinguish among the features and security of local and shared repositories.
Authoring Manager- Developing Topics
- Identify the significance of topics and their outcomes in terms of diagnostic feedback
- Identify the significance of root topics in terms of security
- Develop a topic structure
- Modify an existing topic structure
- Identify how Authoring Manager’s topic and assessment folder security controls and limits how authors use a shared repository.
Authoring Manager- Creating Questions (Carries over to first half of day 2)
- Identify the fundamental elements of a question(stimulus, choices and outcomes)
- Distinguish among the types of questions available in Authoring Manager
- Create questions using the wizard
- Modify the primary elements of questions using the Question Wizard and/or the Editor
- Insert resources into the question stimulus, choice or feedback using the wizard
- Identify various methods for importing questions
- Identify question metatags and the purpose for them.
- Identify question delivery status and the purpose for them.
- Identify the primary components of an assessment
- Create an assessment using the Assessment Wizard
- Create a multi-block assessment using the Editor
- Create an adaptive assessment using Jump Blocks
- Configure an assessment to display topic and assessment level outcomes
- Insert instructional content in an outcome’s feedback
- Prepare an assessment to be scheduled for delivery by deploying it to a shared repository
- Recognise how templates and style sheets can be used to control the look and feel of an assessment
- Specify the result of a demographic field to be used in report filtering
Introduction to Enterprise Manager
- Identify the main components of Enterprise Manager
- Determine which set of Enterprise Manager tools to use for a given task
Browser Based Authoring
- Create questions and assessments with Browser-Based Authoring Tools
- Identify the usage of Browser Based authoring as well as its limitations
- Compare the question types used in Enterprise Manager to those created in Authoring Manager.
- Differentiate between participants and groups.
- Identify how the scheduling options control access to assessments
- Identify how individual participants are provided access to assessments
- Recognise how the E-mail Broadcast features can be used to communicate with participants regarding schedules
- Identify the role of the Root Manager and how to create administrators within Perception
- Identify the purpose of each of the Results Manager tools
- Describe how to remove results from the answer database with Results Remove
- Describe how to manually modify an assessments result with the Score Editor
- Describe how to score an essay or spoken response question with the Scoring Tool
- Describe how to import results to the answer database with Results Importer
- Distinguish among the reports available in Report Manager
- Recognise which reports operate on assessments and which operate on participants
- Identify the use of Report Manager