Grade Constructed Response Items Consistently and Efficiently
The Scoring Tool is used to grade constructed response items such as essay or file-upload questions.
Administrators define criteria and guidelines ("rubrics") that can be applied to scoring responses, which guide both individual and multiple graders to ensure consistency in marking constructed answers. For example, the rubric for a history essay might assign points to grammar, spelling, persuasiveness and quality of research.
The scoring tool offers:
- Inline grader’s annotations as well as overall comments
- Up to 12 scoring dimensions within each rubric
- Individual scoring comments for each dimension of the rubric
- Automated, customized, template-driven emails relaying scores and comments to participants
- The ability to assign different rubrics to the same question, depending on how the question is used