Questionmark Conference 2017: Session Description
Track: Assessments in Practice
Title: Assessments as Career Development Tools at Caterpillar Inc.
Presenters: Lauri Buckley, Instructional Designer and Lindsey Clayton, Instructional Design Team Lead, Caterpillar Inc.
Caterpillar Global Dealer Learning is deploying a variety of assessments to give our users clear career and professional development paths.
We provide assessment participants and their managers with tools for establishing goals and milestones for measuring progress toward them. Using proficiency assessments, we evaluate learners’ strengths and weaknesses and probe their comprehension of competencies or tasks. We use validation assessments to verify a learner has the knowledge, skills, and behaviors expected for high performance.
In this session, we will discuss the necessary framework for supporting this assessment strategy and review best practices in using Questionmark to produce the assessments and reports required.
- Learn about Caterpillar Inc.’s assessment strategy
- Distinguish between proficiency and validation assessments
- Define best practices in designing and delivering validation assessments in Questionmark
- Credentialing and/or Certification
Audience's Experience Level:
- Content relevant regardless of experience