Questionmark Conference 2017: Session Description
Track: Assessments in Practice
Title: Avionics: A hands-on, performance-based certification using Questionmark
Presenter: Carolyn Parise, Certification Manager and Steve Kane, Executive Director, SpaceTEC
SpaceTEC, under its sister organization CertTEC, has created an Avionics certification for use in the aviation industry. SpaceTEC and CertTEC deliver knowledge-based assessments through Questionmark. But they also deliver practical exams that require participants to perform tasks and troubleshoot on an electronic trainer. One example of this would be finding a fault or making measurements. Such tests call for the use of electrical test consoles and proprietary electronic card sets.
Practical exams typically are administered by an examiner working with the candidate on the test equipment. But this is costly and difficult to organize nationwide since exams take 3 to 4 hours each and examiners need specialized training. SpaceTEC is showing how performance and practical tests—not just knowledge assessments — can be run in Questionmark The software allows HTML coding to be inserted into the exam questions, thereby creating interactive buttons within the exam questions that enable participants to communicate with an external trainer. The exam administered this way only requires a proctor instead of the certified examiner.
- Discover how Questionmark can be used to run practical tests as well as knowledge assessments
- See how to control test equipment by inserting HTML coding within Questionmark items
- Learn to configure questions to communicate with test equipment
- Academic/Higher Education
- Government and/or Military
- Credentialing and/or Certification
Audience's Experience Level with Questionmark's Products:
- Intermediate / Experienced