8 IIS on the other Perception servers
8 DO ON ALL OTHER PERCEPTION SERVERS.
Configure the permissions
Create an Active Directory user and give them access to the file shares on the network. Add this user to the local administrators group.
The application pools used by Perception need to be configured in IIS to use the same user to access the file shares. This will ensure that access is available to all the correct folders and files for all the servers. To change the application pools so that they use the same user, follow the steps below for instructions in Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Launch IIS Manager.
- Select your server and click View Application Pools from the Actions menu on the right.
- Select the Questionmark.Perception application pool.
- Click on Advanced Settings....
- In the Process Model section, click where the word Identity | NetworkService appears and click on the browse (...) button.
- Select the Custom account option button.
- Click Set.
- Enter the username and password for the service user you created previously, and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Advanced Settings window.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 for all Questionmark.* application pools.
Close the application pools, and in the tree below Default Web Site, you'll have virtual applications
- Click Basic Settings...
- Click Connect as...
- Select Specific user. Click Set.Enter credentials for the service user.
- Repeat this for all Questionmark virtual applications (aspnet_client is not of them).
Now Restart IIS!
Change the Run as... conditions for Shared Repository Service
Go to services.msc.
Right-click on Shared Repository Service and click Properties.
Log On tab.
Select This account
Click Apply, and then OK.
Enter credentials for the service user.
Then right-click and select Restart to restart the service so that the changes take effect.