11. Copy across settings from Server 1 to other servers
You now need to export the settings from Server 1 to the other machine(s) in the environment. To do this:
- Copy the .cab file you created previously to C:\Program Files\Questionmark\Perception5\Configuration\ImportExport (or Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit machine) on Server 2.
- Right-click the import.bat file and click Run as administrator. Enter the usernames and passwords as required. The keys will be imported on this server.
- Reset IIS.
- Repeat the above steps on all the nodes (i.e., servers) in your load-balanced environment.
You will also need to configure IIS 7 on each extra Perception server you create. The application pools used by Perception need to be configured in IIS to use the same user to access the file shares. This will ensure that access is available to all the correct folders and files for all the servers. To change the application pools so that they use the same user, follow the steps below for instruction in Windows Server 2008:
- Launch Internet Information Services 7.
- Select your server and click View Application Pools from the Actions menu on the right.
- Select the Questionmark.Perception5 application pool.
- Click on Advanced Settings....
- In the Process Model section, click where the word Identity | NetworkService appears and click on the browse (...) button.
- Select the Custom account option button.
- Click Set.
- Enter the username and password for the user you created previously, and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Advanced Settings window.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for the Questionmark.QABS and Questionmark.QPLA application pools.
For information on setting the stickiness for certain applications in your load-balanced environment, please continue to step 12.