Questionmark Live Adds New Browser-Based Authoring Features
Improvements include embedded videos, numeric questions and hierarchical topics
Norwalk, CT – December 20, 2012 – A recent update of Questionmark Live® brings embedded videos, math equations, hierarchical topic structures and other improvements to Web-based authoring of questions and online assessments such as quizzes, surveys, tests and exams. Questionmark software support plan customers use this browser-based authoring tool without charge to collaborate in creating surveys, quizzes, tests and exams for delivery via Questionmark’s assessment management systems, Questionmark OnDemand and Questionmark® Perception®. Authors and subject matters experts (SMEs) can use Questionmark Live without installing any software and without training. Recent enhancements include:
- Hierarchical topic structures. The Topic tree and questions list are listed on a single page. Users can click on a topic to immediately view all the questions within it, without having to leave the screen. Authors can share Topics at any level in the hierarchy with fellow Questionmark Live users.
- Complete assessment creation: Users can now create complete tests, exams and quizzes as well as surveys and course evaluations. Authors can create and re-order multiple question blocks and assessment outcome blocks; configure settings such as time limit, security level and feedback level for an assessment, and choose delivery options such as Save-As-You-Go.
- Numeric questions: These can range from simple questions with single answers to complex questions requiring multiple answers – everything from simple arithmetic to calculus and beyond. Questionmark’ eQuation Formula Editor makes it possible to include math formulas in question stimuli or answers.
- Embedded videos: Videos from You Tube and other websites can appear right within a question. There is no need to leave an assessment to view a video.
- Question-not-answered outcomes: Authors can set up feedback that appears when participants skip a question.
- Support for current versions of major Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome
Authors and SMEs can create an unlimited number of questions using 13 different commonly-used formats. They can add images, links, comment boxes, feedback, videos and other resources, and share questions with other authors or SMEs for review or editing. They can import questions from Questionmark Perception item banks, view each question’s full revision history, compare revisions and roll back to a previous version. They can also assemble questions into complete assessments.
Questionmark technologies and services enable organizations to measure knowledge, skills and attitudes for certification, regulatory compliance, successful learning outcomes, performance improvement and talent management. Questionmark’s assessment management system, available OnDemand or for on-premise deployment, enables collaborative, multilingual authoring; multiple delivery options including mobile devices; trustable results and comprehensive analytics that provide stakeholders valuable, actionable data.
All names, product names, and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.