Questionmark to Go
Questionmark to Go extends the benefits of online assessments to offline participants, making it an ideal solution for participants with limited Internet connectivity or where bandwidth could hamper web-based delivery. Assessments can be downloaded to a participant’s PC and delivered via the Questionmark to Go player. Participants can receive instant results and feedback on assessments—even without an Internet connection. Once a connection to the Internet is restored, Questionmark to Go automatically uploads the participant results to the server for reporting.
- Offer disconnected use of assessments while people travel or can’t gain access to the Internet or their Intranet.
- Reduce communication costs by enabling users to disconnect for the duration of the quiz, test, exam or survey.
- Assessments are downloaded to a participant's PC in advance, eliminating the possibility that a participant might be unfairly disadvantaged by network latency or poor Internet bandwidth.
- Conduct large scale assessments without having to run extremely powerful servers that would lie virtually idle at other times.
Questionmark to Go is a player that delivers Perception assessments on a Windows PC without requiring an active connection to the Internet:
- The assessment is "scheduled" for "offline delivery" using Perception.
- The participant downloads the assessment file.
- The participant launches the assessment in the Questionmark to Go player—even if disconnected from the Internet. The participant experience using Questionmark to Go is nearly identical to the experience of taking the same assessment online, delivering the same question types along with supporting graphics, Flash, audio, and video, as well as providing instant scoring and feedback.
- Questionmark to Go then automatically uploads the results to the Perception server for reporting once a live Internet connection is detected.
Questionmark to Go delivers assessments that you have published using the "Publish to Windows" feature in Authoring Manager:
- An assessment author publishes an assessment for Windows delivery
- The assessment file may be distributed via CD-ROM, USB memory stick/thumb drive, email, or other media.
- The participant may complete the assessment even if disconnected from the Internet.
- Optionally, the assessment can be published to "not save results" or to "save results." If the latter option is chosen, results are uploaded to Perception once active Internet connection is established.
Questionmark to Go can deliver assessments that you have published using the "Publish to LMS " feature available in both Authoring Manager and Enterprise Manager:
- An assessment author or administrator used the Publish to LMS wizard to create an AICC package that is then uploaded to an AICC compliant learning management system.
- The assessment is scheduled via the LMS, enabling participants to access and download the assessment.
- The participant may complete the assessment even if disconnected from the internet.
- Once internet connection is re-established, Questionmark to Go automatically uploads results of completed assessment.
- Questionmark Perception 4.4 or higher
- Questionmark to Go requires Windows 7, XP, or Vista and Internet Explorer 7 or above