Questionmark AICC support
With Questionmark's Publish to LMS feature you can call assessments from a management system using the AICC HACP standard. The Aviation Industry CBT (Computer-Based Training) Committee (AICC) is an international association of technology-based training professionals. The AICC develops guidelines for aviation industry in the development, delivery, and evaluation of CBT and related training technologies. Management systems include learning management systems, course management systems, learning content management systems and virtual learning environments.
Most management systems support the AICC HACP standard for computer-managed instruction. Within the LMS, you either enter the ID of the assessment to be run, or else you import a set of AICC course description files created by Questionmark Publish to LMS.
A participant then logs into the LMS and sees a link to the assessment at the appropriate place. The LMS then calls Questionmark to run the assessment, and Questionmark returns the overall results to the LMS for tracking and storage. Using AICC HACP, the Questionmark and LMS servers talk directly to each other via HTTP, making it reasonably secure.
Questionmark has been certified compliant with AICC AGR-010 since 1999. It was the first testing and assessment engine to be compliant. Other standards supported by Questionmark include: IMS Content Packaging, IMS QTI, SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and LOM (Learning Object Metadata). Questionmark’s Open Assessment Platform includes flexible APIs and support of major industry standards ensure interoperability with a variety of enterprise systems.
- Integrate with most LMS vendors
- Work with Questionmark and an LMS installed on different servers
- Have good security as Questionmark passes results back to the LMS, independently of the participant’s technology
- Pass total percentage score, time taken and topic scores back to the LMS
- Obtain more detailed information, for example question statistics and item analysis, by using Questionmark reporting and analytics