Installing Questionmark Secure for Windows
This section describes how to download and install Questionmark Secure for Windows. It contains the following sections:
- System requirements
- Downloading Questionmark Secue
- Installing Questionmark Secure
- Upgrading Questionmark Secure
- Uninstalling Questionmark Secure
Before installing Questionmark Secure for Windows, you should ensure that you have the following installed on your computer:
- Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Adobe Flash
- If you're using Chrome, Flash already may be installed on your computer. If not, download and install the appropriate "xxx for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI" version for your operating system.
- Whether or not you need to install Flash will depend on the assessment. You should contact your exam provider if unsure. Online proctoring requires Flash.
- At least 5MB of free disk space, although only around 1MB or less is needed permanently.
Questionmark Secure for Windows can be downloaded from Get Questionmark Secure.
If an existing copy of Questionmark Secure for Windows is already installed, the new installation will replace it (providing it is a later version). When upgrading Questionmark Secure you will be asked to place it in an installation folder. This may not necessarily be the same folder where any previous versions of Questionmark Secure are installed. When upgrading, the previous version will be removed from your computer.
To install Questionmark Secure for Windows:
- Double-click the installer.
- Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, and click Next.
- Change the destination folder in which you would like to install Questionmark Secure, or use the default location.
- The next step depends on the kind of user you are:
- If you're an administrative user, select whether you would like to install Questionmark Secure for Anyone who uses this computer or Only for me.
- If you're a standard user, Only for me is automatically selected.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once installation is complete, click Finish.
When you have completed the installation wizard, you will find Questionmark Secure installed in the installation directory that you chose. A shortcut to this guide will also be added to the Start menu. No Start menu item is created for launching Questionmark Secure as it's designed to be launched automatically by your browser.
Questionmark Secure has an automatic update feature that will alert you when a new version of the software is released. It will check to see if an upgrade is available the first time it closes after being installed. Note that you will require internet access for the program to check if an upgrade is available. If you do not have internet access, the automatic update facility will not work.
If an upgrade is available you will be asked if you wish to download it. Click OK to download.
Once the download is complete, the upgrade program will run automatically.
If you are upgrading from Questionmark Secure 4, you will be asked to determine an installation folder. Questionmark Secure uses a slightly-modified installation folder. Once installed, the previous version of Questionmark Secure is uninstalled.
After this, Questionmark Secure will check for new upgrades as directed by the availability service.
You can uninstall Questionmark Secure for Windows by using the Add/Remove Programs feature. To do so:
- Open Control Panel and launch the Add/Remove Programs applet.
- Scroll down until you find the entry for Questionmark Secure and select it.
- Click the Remove button. You should see a progress dialog indicating the progress of the uninstall. When the dialog finishes, the uninstall will be complete.