How do I take an assessment that has been scheduled for me offline?
Certain assessments can be taken offline. This means that once you have downloaded the assessment you can disconnect from the internet and launch the assessment using the Questionmark to Go Player. The Questionmark to Go Player will present a list of the available assessments for you to take.
After you have taken the assessment the results will be stored on your computer and will automatically be uploaded to the server when you next connect to the Internet or your organization network.
Please refer to the following sections for more information:
Installing the Questionmark to Go Player
All assessments delivered with Questionmark to Go are taken with the Questionmark to Go Player, a Windows application that must be installed on your computer before assessments can be taken. Because of this, the install program for the Questionmark to Go Player is typically distributed with the assessment itself.
The following table outlines the system requirements for the Questionmark to Go Player.
|Microsoft Windows||XP, Vista|
|Internet Explorer||Version 7 or higher|
|Firefox (optional)||Version 3 or higher|
You will need to have the relevant permissions to download and install the Questionmark to Go Player on the computer you are using.
To download the Questionmark To Go Player installer click Download Questionmark to Go Windows Player. The install program for the Questionmark to Go Player is approximately 1.6 MB in size. Once downloaded onto your computer, the install program can be run by double-clicking the install file.
To install the Questionmarkto Go Player ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements. Double click the install file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are intending to install the Questionmark To Go Player on Microsoft Vista, please refer to the section Installing on Vista first.
If you are using Internet Explorer, you will need to close the browser and log in again before you will be able to download the available assessment(s).
If you use a Microsoft Vista operating system you will need to disable User Access Control (UAC) prior to attempting to install the Questionmark To Go Player. To disable the UAC on Vista complete the following steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Classic View.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Deselect the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option.
- Click OK.
- Click Restart now.
Downloading a scheduled assessment and taking it
Downloading a scheduled assessment copies the assessment from the Perception Server to your computer. To download a scheduled assessment complete the following steps:
- Click the download icon for the assessment you want to download.
- The Assessment download window will display while the contents of the assessment is downloaded (in Firefox you will need to select Open with and choose Questionmark to Go Player from the drop-down list before clicking OK to download the assessment).
- Once it has finished downloading you will see a Download successful screen displayed.
- If you want to take the assessment now simply click Finish. If you would prefer to take the assessment later deselect the Take this assessment now option and click Finish.
To start the assessment later:
- Click on the Questionmark to Go Player icon on your desktop or by going to Start | All Programs | Questionmark to Go | Player.
- Enter your user name and password in the Login field on the left and click Login. A list of the available assessments you can take using the Questionmark to Go Player is listed.
- Select the assessment you want to take and click Start.
Once you have completed the assessment you will be returned to the list of available assessments and your results will be prepared for uploading. Please refer to Uploading your results for more details.
If the performance of a participant in an assessment is being recorded, the assessment results will be uploaded to the server by the Result Uploader. This will take place automatically as soon as:
- the assessment is completed with the Questionmark to Go Player,
- and an internet connection is established.
If no Internet connection is found, the Result Uploader will continue to try to upload the results until a connection is established.
The Result Uploader icon appears in the notification area at the far right of the taskbar, and will display progress messages as results are uploaded.