16. Launch Enterprise Manager and start the ETL service
Once the database links have been successfully created, you will be shown a success screen and a button that you can click to enter Enterprise Manager for the first time.
The URL for Enterprise Manager will follow the format below:
http://<server name>/portal/<shared repository name>/
...where <server name> is the name of the server or domain that you entered as the portal address in step 12 (Configure the environment) and where <shared repository name> is the name of the shared repository you created in step 13 (Create the shared repository).
To finish the installation process, you need to start and ensure that the ETL service is running. Click the section below to expand it.
If you want to run Perception on a server that has the System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing security setting enabled, please refer to Running Perception on a server with FIPS mode enabled.
Start the ETL service
It is recommended that your ETL_Temp and Results Warehouse databases have access to similar hard disk space as your Perception database. Exact amounts of hard disk space required by the ETL_Temp, Results Warehouse, and Perception databases depend on customer usage.
Once you have finished installing and configuring the Perception, you need to ensure that the ETL service has started. To start the ETL service:
- Log into the machine where the ETL service is installed as an administrative user (in this basic installation, this is your ETL server).
- Click Start.
- In the Search for programs and files field, enter services.msc and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Locate the Questionmark.ETL.Scheduling.Service service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Under Service status, click Start and ensure the Service status entry changes to Started.
- Click OK to close the dialog window.
With the ETL service now started, result data will be:
- Extracted from your shared repository database.
- Transformed in the temporary ETL database into the proper format for Questionmark Analytics.
- Loaded in to the Results Warehouse database so that Analytics can access it.
This process will happen every 3 hours by default.
If you want to change the frequency of the ETL service, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Congratulations, you have now installed and configured Perception! Optionally, you can also configure Perception to use SSL and restrict access to Perception, as well as activate your Perception license. For further post-configuration information, such as setting up Perception to run from behind a firewall or configuring the SMTP service, see the Advanced information and Appendix sections of this install guide, respectively.